Who Attends the “Content Strategies” Course
This workshop is for teams only—preferably interdepartmental teams, with the expertise—and the authority—to both evolve the strategy and detail how to implement it. The goal here is alignment: agreeing on who your audiences really are; what they want to hear from you; and how best to reach them.
What You Will Accomplish
- Write a statement of purpose for the new content strategy
- Summarize the company’s current & future messages & themes
- Assess digital communications: outline what’s true now
- Envision the core content strategy for all offsite channels
- Specify how to redefine/tweak digital communications
- Set clear editorial guidelines for efficient implementation
- Re-engineer the workflow for content creation
“Content Strategies”—Our Process
As always with the Institute for Business Writing, this is a hands-on experience. First, we’ll get the overview of the organization’s content, digital and otherwise. Then we’ll agree on a decision-making process (e.g., majority-rule? Consensus?) We’ll use a comprehensive checklist of strategy decisions to ensure we get the overview.
Why This Course Is Unique
Most content training is often generic, theoretical. This course, in contrast, is specific and practical. Together, we’ll conceptualize content that genuinely moves audiences.