Who Attends “The Unified Copy Platform”
At this workshop, it’s useful to have a mix of decision-makers and those responsible for implementing editorial decisions. The goal is to align the organization’s identity and messages with its voice(s) and communications style.
What You Will Learn
- What to include in your copy platform
- How to refine your platform in phases
- How to further define your organization’s audiences
- How to identify and describe the organization’s voice
- How & when to update editorial guidelines
- How to devise a text-approval protocol
- How to resolve conflicts around messaging & text
- How to set style guidelines
Building a Copy Platform—The Process
As always with the Institute for Business Writing, this is a hands-on course. First, we’ll establish how we’ll make editorial decisions (e.g., by majority-rule? Consensus?) We’ll use a
proven copy-platform template as a baseline, customizing and refining it until it mirrors your organization. Throughout the course, each participant will receive individualized coaching on how to contribute to the team’s copy platform.
Why this Course is Unique
Creating a solid copy platform is a specialized, politically sensitive task. This course takes on that task, facilitating agreement on the messages at stake—and how to communicate them with consistency and a well-defined, unified style.
Contact us to schedule this course
4 sessions of 3 hours each
Register for this course
€1,100 (excl. VAT). Group and NGO rates are available.
This course is also available for:
- In-company Send Inquiry